1 1. Christianity says its god is a loving one. Nothing will change god’s love for his children. Is the Bible god a loving one? If you read its first five chapters you will get a picture of a god who kills the whole of the human race through a flood, annihilates Sodom and Gomorrah in a fire-rain from the heavens. He gets uncontrollably angry and murders anyone he is annoyed with. He was a terror to his own chosen tribe. “I kill ... I wound ... I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and mine sword shall devour flesh.” Deuteronomy 32:39-42. Total number of people killed by God in the Bible Using biblical numbers is about 2,821,364. You may check this for more details: http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.in/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html
Rational Wiki agrees that God is recorded in the Bible as having personally killed a large number of people. He was a notoriously revengeful deity. Steve Wells Has Written a Book Documenting Every Kill. He finds Satan killing only ten that too in the company of god. The smallest punishment of god seems to be slaughtering. The only thing OT god does not have is love of any kind.
2 2. Knowing fully well the first parents would fail, why did god send the test? He had an earlier experience with the angels where he miserably failed and he never seems to learn! For man’s disobedience, god punishes man: “They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.” 2 Thessalonians 1:9. God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness forever. 2 Peter 2:4 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night Revelation 14:11,
3. Why does god punish coming generations for the sin of the first parents? (Exodus 20:5, Exodus 34:7, Numbers 14:18, and Deut 5:9). In Genesis 3, we find god punishes all mankind for the disobedience of two This is apart from the curse he set on Eve, (Genesis 3:16) "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, in pain you shall bring forth children; yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."
4. God started roasting human souls in the raging fire for ever and ever for a small disobedience of the first parents. The punishment is infinitely disproportionate to the crime. How can good send send people to get tormented and roasted in fire eternally? Even demons won't do it.
5. Why did God choose Israel as his own people? Theologians say they were the only saved people before the death of Jesus Christ. What did others do to get punished in hell? I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. (Matthew 15:24). Selecting one tribe as his own to the exclusion of all the others, protecting them like a fiend, killing and destroying entire nations, to settle them is simply against the universality of god’s love. The Bible god is like an angry tribal chief and not a universal god. If there was a god wanting humans to follow his commandments (to merit heaven) he would have revealed them to all unequivocally and not to a select tribe. Even today Christians alone accept him as god and try to follow his rules. Majority of humans living today, as before, do not think the Christian god is the true god. Each religion has its god and the followers fight others to establish their god is the true one.
6. Why are half of all children (who die early)c
reated? Just to suffer and die?PRB latest Estimates (2011) show that altogether 108 billion people lived on earth. Max Roser in Our world data, Says that 'even in early-modern times, child mortality was very high; in 18th century Sweden every third child died, and in 19th century Germany every second child died. In 1800 the health conditions of our ancestors were such that 43% of the world’s newborns died before their 5th birthday.' More would have died before. But if we extrapolate children dying before the age of 10-12 (before acquiring the ability to use freewill) would be more than half of all births. If they are hurled into hell-for whatever reason-god is a monster. If he gives them heaven, why doesn’t he reward the entire adult population –a minority of all births? What is then the need for Bible or religion at all?
7. Why does god create the mentally retarded, the feeble minded and the psychotic who cannot use their freewill to do anything to merit heaven? There is no Biblical purpose for creating them. It seems god has no control on who gets birth or die. This is not an intelligent way things should happen and if there is a force behind it, he must be out of his senses.
8. Pain has been the only reality for humans ever since his appearance here. There has been scarcity of food, dangers from everywhere, diseases and death. God has been cruel to humans from the start and nature has been crueler to them. He has sent hurricanes, quakes, floods, volcanic eruptions, plagues, contagious diseases and has decimated them. Horrendous viruses have killed them too. A good portion of them are in abject poverty even today and wait for deliverance through death! Where are the protective arms of the mighty One?
9. Why did god reject the Jews, his own people? The Scriptures are quite clear that among all the nations in the world, God chose Israel as His own. He delivered them out of slavery in Egypt, he fought with the Canaanite kingdoms, killing, maiming their men and women and giving virgins for raping to the Israelite. He had made a covenant with Abraham to cut off their manhood’s foreskin and he would then protect them. He lived with them in an arc in desert, guiding, accepting their burn offerings, punishing...But Jesus his son, says Satan is the father of the Jews: You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. ….he is a liar and the father of lies. …..The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” (John 8:39-47, NIV).Later Christians persecuted, banished, murdered Jews for almost 2000 years.God turning against his own chosen race!
10. Why does God command to kills fatty, healthy goats, cattle and even children and offer them as burnt offerings to him? Are they not his own creations? Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, offered a burnt offering to God in Exodus chapter 18. There are details of sacrifices to be made in Leviticus. There are descriptions of the altar, details of the animals (the best) to be killed and burnt so that god gets the smell in from a favorable position. There were personal, burnt and guilt offerings. According to the Hebrew Bible, God commands Abraham to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice [Gen 22:2-8].Finally, just before Isaac's throat is slit, God provides a goat to kill instead. Genesis 22:2-13. The smell of burning flesh is "a sweet savor unto the Lord." 15:3, 13-14, 24. God even killed all the 7 sons and 3 daughters of Job and later created new ones! Murder, creation are all a joke a him!
11. How can god slit the throats of the first born of the Egyptians? Even a monster would not do such an abominable thing. These verses clearly show that the mass murder of innocent children by God was premeditated. 11:4-6 (see Exodus 12:29-30) God explains to Moses that he intends to "smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast. Exodus 12:12. This is not god.
There are hundreds of incidence for god’s cruelty to animals in the 1st 4 books of the Bible. God is angry and he decides to destroy all humans, beasts, creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. Genesis 6:7, 17
12. Why does god oppress women throughout his Bible? Women have been suffering all the time since he places the majority of the blame on Eve for tempting her husband to eat the forbidden fruit and speaks to Eve, “thy desire is to be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee” (Genesis 3:16). Read Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." Brides, who were not virgins or who did not have their hymen intact had to be killed. “If, however the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death.” Deuteronomy 22:20-21.Are not men too equally responsible for a sex act? A woman is given away as a prize (Judges 1:12-13); another offered as a sacrifice (Judges 11:29-39); married daughters given to other people (Judges 15:2). In Judges 19:22-30 we see how a mob rape. How can god be partial to one gender?
13. Why are women oppressed in the New Testament too?. St. Paul puts women under men. Peter also agrees with him in that women should submit to their husbands. He can divorce her but she cannot. She has no choice but to comply with her husband’s orders. The books of Peter also forbid women to wear any type of jewelry (1 Peter 3:2-6). He refers to women as the weaker vessel of the couple (1 Peter 3:7). Father Tertullian, an early Catholic theologian says: “You [woman] are the devil’s gateway." St. Augustine says: ‘Woman is a snare, her heart is a trap, and her hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but she will ensnare the sinner. While it is possible to find one upright man in every thousand, it is impossible to find even one single upright woman.’ This is nonsense.
14. Christianity has fragmented into a number of warring sects. Catholic Church excommunicated the heads of the Patriarch of the East, the ruler of England, Martin Luther, John Calvin and many others and thus paved the way for bloody and prolonged conflicts. Martin Luther opposed the pope’s selling of indulgences as it was wrong to assume that souls would be freed of their punishment in purgatory by giving money to the Pope. Inter-religious rivalry has ended up in major wars like crusades, Hindu-Muslim, Jewish Arab wars, of the medieval and modern times killing millions. Man’s hatred towards his co-traveler starts from his desire to prove the superiority of the god he believes in.
15. There is nothing divine in the history of Christianity. There was a time in the Church history when harlots ruled papacy and the illegitimate sons of the popes became the next pontiffs. Many powerful rulers like the king of France and the German emperor chose popes of their whim and fancy.
The inquisition courts of the Catholic Church labeled many honest people as heretics and burnt them at stake. It burnt English men like John Wycliffe and William Tyndale who translated the Bible into English. It burnt Bruno and persecuted Galileo for advocating the heliocentric theory. Even during their times the Catholic Church stood for the foolish geocentric theory. Inquisition courts from 1100s to 1808 routinely arrested and tortured Jews, Muslims, dubious Christians and numerous other religious followers. The tortures were beyond belief, including hanging by the toes or thumbs, toe crushing, bone breaking, simple beatings, foot roasting, and blinding by red-hot pokers. After such tortures, the condemned was strangled, and then burned at the stake. The so-called “witches” were rounded up tortured, burnt and slaughtered for centuries throughout Europe. The average total of the dead is around 100,000. Even the capable Joan of Arc was burnt at stake.
16. Modern church has more wealth than any government or corporation but it does not help the poor at all. The clergy lead a licentious and luxurious life here. Jesus said: “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor.” Christ also said in unequivocal terms ‘love your neighbor.’ The Catholic Church has flaunted both of these commandments since its inception.
There is no help coming from above and the poor proliferate making their lives a pure agony. Still why is the Church against abortion, artificial contraception? According to the United Nations World Magazine the Vatican’s treasure of solid gold amounts to several billion dollars! The golden throne of the pope must fetch a very good price. Jesus was the poorest of the poor-he had no home, no good food, not even a pillow upon which to rest his head. Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest and the wealthiest institution on earth. Anyone would be outraged of the Church’s wealth and why don’t they help the poor, the destitute, the suffering and the sick? Is it not proof-enough that it doesn't believe in its own God?
Note: If you (400 or so read each post) like anything in it, please tweet , share with / inform your friends or give a comment in the blog itself (instead of the website where you get it). We all are happy with the same beliefs and let us try to help others too.)